About this Blog

RYT-200 trained in Rishikesh, India.
Born and raised in Oklahoma, USA.
India travel, yoga philosophy, Sanskrit language, and more.

Friday, March 14, 2014

My Final Exam

Just finished teaching my first-ever two hour asana class. But I just realized I forgot some things, like kapalbhati breathing!

Other than that, I feel like I did super well. I can really see the extra knowledge and experience I've gained here in my teaching. I've grown so much with it!

I nailed my adjustments and cues for blocks and such. I need to work on specifying *which* foot or hand to use, whether that be the 'back' 'front' or 'other' hand/foot. Just something to audially let them know so they don't have to look at me and interrupt their flow. 

Kalimba music went well! One of my classmates, Anna, was so impressed that I was playing music that I'd written myself. 

I adjusted as needed and didn't follow my script to a T, but it worked; we ended at almost exactly 120 minutes. The end result was an energized, refreshed class of grateful students! Yippee!

Graduation ceremony is tomorrow. It's been an incredible six weeks and I've made some real friends here. A beautiful energy about this place! I barely recognize my former self in photos. Old me seems like a past life now. 

I'll post about more adventures I've had when I find some time. Until then!


Tyler

1 comment:

  1. Yay!!!! So can I get the reduced friend price for sessions or do I have to pay millions for your expertise?? :)

    ReplyDelete