About this Blog

RYT-200 trained in Rishikesh, India.
Born and raised in Oklahoma, USA.
India travel, yoga philosophy, Sanskrit language, and more.

Saturday, March 8, 2014

Weekend Trip: Mountain Temple

Every weekend our yoga school takes us on a field trip. Our first weekend we visited a temple high in the mountains called Jayamataki (जयमाताकी) about 30 minutes northeast of Ram Jhula.

Getting there was a blast. They fit 6-8 of us into a jeep and drove us through winding roads. It was quite bumpy a bit worrying as we cornered unprotected cliffsides, but we arrived at the temple safely.

DSC 2785 This is going to be an adventure!

DSC 2775That look. These cows. India!

DSC 2645The Temple is up quite a few stairs and a long path! Nice little jog.

DSC 2650There’s a bell at the start of the stairs and at the finish. You ring both as you start and complete your journey. 

DSC 2656The inner part of the temple was quite small and simple. There were a few statues for offerings and worship.

DSC 2653Bells were present throughout this temple.

I wasn’t interested in the temple so much as the view from the mountain. It was stunning. Walking up the hill, it hit me that I was in India and I was moved.

DSC 2676Me doing a headstand before the valley. Very trippy to see such a view from upside down!

DSC 2684It was like a page out of National Geographic. Little villages tucked into the foothills of the Himalayas. Wow!

We had chai and cookies on the front patio area. A lot of us sat by the mountain and contemplated what it meant to be here. Others did some yoga poses and took photos. For each one of us the experience was different and had a different meaning. For me…I was happy to be in nature. After some photos I went by myself down aways and just sat there, enjoying the view.

MountaintempleEnjoy this 360º I took of the mountainside. It’s a beautiful sight. (Click to view)

I’ve been really lax about updating because of our studies. It’s my hope to post about each of the weekend trips here over the next few days. Hope you enjoyed the post!


Tyler

No comments:

Post a Comment